Director of the AGBU Papazian Library
Oct 8, 2019
American University of Armenia (AUA), AGBU Papazian Library
Application deadline: Open until filled
Company: American University of Armenia (AUA), AGBU Papazian Library
Position: Director of the AGBU Papazian Library
Contract type: FT (5 days/40 hours per week)
Job Location: Yerevan, Armenia
The American University of Armenia (AUA) invites applications for the position of Director of the AGBU Papazian Library. We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative leader to move the library forward and enrich the quality of life within the University, community and country.
About the library
AUA’s AGBU Papazian Library was founded in 1991, in the same year as the University. Over 42,000 volumes of books and more than 180,000 e-books can be accessed through the library’s services. The Library serves 1900 students, plus faculty/staff, and 15,000 library members from the larger Yerevan community. The Library belongs to the American University of Armenia, which is the only Western accredited American university in the region.
The Library is a member of the American International Consortium of Academic Libraries (AMICAL) and the Electronic Library Consortium of Armenia (ELCA) and acts as a national focal point for the Electronic Information for Libraries-Intellectual Property EIFL.net.
The Library’s mission is to help the AUA community achieve its learning, teaching and research goals by:
• Identifying and acquiring information resources,
• Organizing and providing access to information resources,
• Assisting all of its users in becoming self-sufficient researchers,
• Providing leadership and promoting partnership in developing and sharing information resources, and
• Recruiting and developing a highly qualified and skilled staff to provide the best possible service and leadership.
The successful candidate will have:
• Master’s degree from an accredited LIS Program,
• Demonstrated experience in positions of supervisory, leadership and financial management, and
• Familiarity with the library-related marketplace, including content, technology, tools and systems.
• Fulfilling the University’s education and research mission by providing access to library resources and services;
• Collaborating with the Library Advisory Committee and academic bodies, including Information and Communication Technology Services (ICTS) to fulfill resource requirements appropriate to academic goals and programs;
• Providing library instruction to students on proper research methodologies;
• Fostering cooperative relationships with external partners, stakeholders and donors to enhance specialized resources and services available to the AGBU Papazian Library community;
• Directing the Library’s strategic planning;
• Developing and administering the Library’s budget, and working with all library vendors;
• Supervising the recruitment, development and performance of library staff and work-study assistance;
• Participating in various university task forces and committees;
• Maintaining and strengthening collaborative efforts with consortia, particularly the American International Consortium of Academic Libraries and the Electronic Library Consortium of Armenia, as well as the Armenian Library Association;
• Participating in professional meetings, conventions, seminars, and workshops;
• Establishing and maintaining outreach programs with regional libraries, and
• Reporting to the Provost and serving as part of the academic leadership.
How to apply:
A letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to [email protected] with the subject heading “Director of the AGBU Papazian Library”. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Repat Armenia and mention the URL of its website - www.repatarmenia.org, thanks.