Head of Operations
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
Nvak is looking for a full-time employee in Armenia who will act as the Company's Head of Operations.
- Coordinate and organize year-round assignments between Nvak students in Armenia and songwriters/ producers in the United States;
- Communicate with the Company CEO (Tamar Kaprelian) through daily emails and calls;
- Plan and organize Nvak's annual summer music program;
- Organize writing and recording sessions in Armenia with Nvak students;
- Conduct outreach to other music schools in Armenia with the intent of growing Nvak's student body;
- Organize local Nvak concerts and open-mic nights in Yerevan and in other regions of Armenia.
- Fluency in both Armenian and English languages; the candidate must be able to translate texts from Armenian to English language and from English to Armenian language;
- Experience in music is not a must, but an appreciation for the arts is;
- University degree; however, candidates who have a year left in university and are interested in making Nvak their full-time job upon graduation will also be considered;
- Organizational skills; drive. There should not be a need to tell something more than once to complete a task;
- Ability to pick things up quickly, and think 3 steps ahead.
To apply for this position, please send a resume to: [email protected] . In the email, you must include why you would like to be considered for the position and also include three adjectives/ words that describe you. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a Skype interview.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 11 May 2018
Nvak (which means "music" in Armenian) is a year-round music education program that does work remotely (between Armenia and the United States) and organizes annual summer workshops in summer. Nvak's mission is to discover, educate, and launch talented young musicians in countries facing social, political, and/ or economic disadvantages. Nvak connects its students (aged 14-24) with other singers, songwriters, and professionals from the music business to use music as a way to start dialogue, foster collaboration, and find job opportunities that would otherwise be unavailable to them. The program focuses on teaching modern, commercial music-making, with a special emphasis on technology, DIY (Do-It-Yourself) technique, and innovation.