Managing Editor, Communications Department
Contract type: FT (5 days/40 hours per week)
- Manage all daily editorial and content-related activity within Office of Communications.
- Develop content plan for the university in conjunction with Director of Communications.
- Act as editor, writer, and reporter for communications and marketing content throughout university.
- Coordinate photography, video, and design to accompany editorial content and marketing material.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all university departments to be aware of their editorial needs and incorporate into university content plan.
- Manage regular updates of printed and online communications and marketing material.
- Arrange interviews with university and other spokespersons and prepare talking points.
- Recruit, train and manage freelance writers, reporters, and interviewers.
- Pitch, write and edit all branded content. This includes: advertorial articles, emails, social media, contests/sweeps and more.
- Create a scalable strategy for successful, branded content that supports the department's goals while remaining connected with the AUA audiences
- Working with the Director of Communications to ensure the growth of readership
- Copyedit content and establish and maintain standards of voice, tone, and quality for various communications mediums.
- Develop headlines, decks, pull quotes, direct-mail copy, and other types of content as needed to promote and amplify content in a variety of channels.
- Manage the editorial team
- Collaborate with editorial, marketing/ PR, and design teams to enhance AUA's brand.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor(s).
- University degree required, preferably in Journalism, Communications, or English literature;
- Native-level English-language skills required;
- Armenian language skills required;
- Strong sense of responsibility, punctuality, organization;
- Editorial, journalistic, or writing experience required;
- Managerial experience strongly preferred.
How to apply: A letter of intent, portfolio of published work, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to [email protected] with the subject heading “Managing Editor”. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Repat Armenia and mention the URL of its website - www.repatarmenia.org, thanks.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution