Length of contract: 1 year with extension
Responsible to: Chairman of Tufenkian Board of Trustees
Line Management: Regional Managers
Regional Managers: tufenkianfoundation.org
Overall responsibility: To be responsible for day-to-day management and programme-specific coordination of Tufenkian Foundation’s programs in Armenia and Artsakh
Key tasks and responsibilities:The main tasks and responsibilities of the Operations Director are:
1. Project/Program Management and Development
- Responsible for successful development, implementation and management of civil society strengthening in Armenia, and rural areas economic development projects in Artsakh.
- Through close cooperation with Country Directors (managers), assume responsibility of developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation plans for all projects in Armenia and Artsakh.
- Successfully enhance performance of existing projects by working with responsible managers/coordinators in reviewing/revising existing activities, performance and practices and/or by recommending modifications and new approaches.
- Responsible for preparing project implementation action plans with clear deliverables and deadlines for new and existing projects through working with managers/coordinators.
- Visit project sites in Artsakh and Armenia on a regular basis and prepare progress reports for Chairman of the Board, identifying potential problems/risks and recommend risk management and mitigation measures.
- In conjunction with above, maintain relations with Foundation beneficiaries, offering guidance, when needed, alongside monitoring and evaluation functions
2. Finance and Administration:
- Work with coordinators, CFO and staff in developing and overseeing country and program finance and budget management, including tracking of financial and material resources and provision of accurate and timely financial reports.
- Ensure that projects and the country program are managed to agreed budgets.
- Ensure compliance with all Tufenkian Foundation administrative and financial procedures and policies, as well as applicable donor regulations, if any.
- Review and submit for approval program expenditures, budget adjustments, and budget amendment requests to the Chairman of the Board and donors.
- Work with staff to prepare quarterly reports to the Board by providing accurate progress reports on all projects in Armenia.
- Work with managers/coordinators and staff to ensure timely delivery of quality reporting to donors and external partners as appropriate, including narratives, budgets, work plans.
- Support ED in preparation of annual reports (both financial and programmatic)
- Ensure appropriate and detailed liaison with other NGOs, donors, and governmental officials, for excellent coordination and representation.
- Ensure that Tufenkian Foundations programing conforms with; and collaborates/coordinates with government programs where required and/or possible.
Support to Fundraising and PR
- Work with Fundraising team on development of fundraising plans and on preparation of proposals to be submitted to donors (individual and institutional)
- Work with PR team for development of PR plans, provision of PR material, as well as implementation of PR activities.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
• University degree in management, economic development or relevant field.
• Management experience is essential, with significant practical project management experience in humanitarian/development context
• Good conceptual understanding and practical knowledge of civil society in Armenia.
• Experience of working in development projects in Armenia and/or Artsakh
• Previous experience of preparing proposals, preparing work plans, training staff, monitoring/evaluating projects, and government liaison.
Skills and Competencies required
• The candidate will demonstrate a good understanding of the needs in development and civil society growth within Armenian context.
• Ability to work with a team made up of people with diverse backgrounds.
• Strategic and analytical thinking and ability to perform under pressure.
• Ability to manage processes, maintain focus on objectives and details, and meet deadlines as per project implementation plans.
• Ability to build teams and to work in a team
• Personnel management skills: ability to delegate, follow-up, supervise and support.
• Excellent project monitoring and quality control skills.
• Good information management and processing skills
• Solid drafting/reporting skills (in good written English)
• A good understanding of accounting and budget management skills
• PC proficiency, at least including word processing (MS Word) and spreadsheets (MS Excel). Ability to design and use databases (MS Access) is an advantage.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Repat Armenia and mention the URL of its website - www.repatarmenia.org, thanks.