Regulatory Compliance Monitoring and Testing Lead
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
The Regulatory Compliance Monitoring and Testing Lead will lead and execute internal control and assurance activities by thematic and targeted reviews of the Bank's activities in line with the Compliance monitoring plan by reviewing the compliance of various departments, business processes and accountable individuals to the existing regulations governing their area of operations, with particular focus on risks of breaching a duty to client, a counterparty, breach of regulatory requirements, as well as inappropriate market conduct.
- Act as the lead for implementing internal control activities in line with the expectations of the Central Bank;
- Identify and manage emerging risks with respect to breaching a duty to client, other counterparties and breaches of regulatory requirements, as well as inappropriate market conduct;
- Manage relationship with HSBC Group regional compliance monitoring and testing team and other regional stakeholders;
- Track and close identified actions and issues arising from completed monitoring and assurance review, in collaboration with local and regional stakeholders;
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels;
- Implement and uphold global standard processes;
- Navigate across the complex matrix of stakeholders, being able to act confidently and respectfully with more senior stakeholders and exercise independent judgment;
- Confidently interact with and influence senior management within businesses;
- Make complex decisions and tactfully handle sensitive and confidential data;
- Manage relationship with relevant regulators, auditors and law enforcement agencies;
- Understand business risk requirements and apply in practice risk-based monitoring techniques;
- Lead change initiatives, contributing to joining up with the other teams in Risk and Business.
- At least 5 years of experience in Compliance monitoring, internal control or internal audit department in a bank or financial institution or a professional audit company;
- Professional auditor's qualification;
- Extensive practical experience in risk management, together with a managerial-level work experience;
- Master's or bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance or Banking; master's or bachelor's degree in Law is preferable;
- Excellent knowledge of banking legislation, ability to interpret complex legal/ regulatory requirements and determine the impact on the Bank's operations;
- Fluent knowledge of Armenian and English languages;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with experience of dealing with executives at different levels and capacity to articulate the case for risk management and policy in English and Armenian languages;
- Excellent planning, prioritisation and documentation skills are essential;
- Highly organised and focused person with an emphasis on results whilst effectively managing and maintaining solid relationships with key stakeholders and compliance teams.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to fill in the last updated version of HSBC Application Form attached below and send it to: [email protected] . The old versions of application forms will not be reviewed. Please, put "Regulatory Compliance Monitoring and Testing Lead" in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 20 November 2017
HSBC Bank Armenia was established as a Closed Joint Stock Company under the name Midland Armenia Bank J.S.C. in 1996 and has been renamed into HSBC Bank Armenia CJSC in 1999. The bank is a joint venture between the HSBC Group, which has a 70 percent ownership, and the members of overseas Armenian businesses with 30 percent ownership. HSBC Bank Armenia CJSC offers products and services to individuals, as well as to corporate customers in Armenia and abroad.
ATTACHMENTS: Application Form