Senior Communications Specialist, Office of Communications
Contract type: FT (5 days/40 hours per week)
Job Location: Yerevan, Armenia
- Develop content plan for the university in conjunction with Director of Communications.
- Act as editor, writer, and reporter for communications and marketing content throughout university.
- Coordinate photography, video, and design to accompany editorial content and marketing material.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all university departments to be aware of their editorial needs and incorporate into university content plan.
- Arrange interviews with university and other spokespersons and prepare talking points.
- Pitch, write and edit all branded content. This includes: advertorial articles, emails, social media, contests/sweeps and more.
- Support the strategy for successful, branded content that supports the department's goals while remaining connected with the AUA audiences.
- Copyedit content and establish and maintain standards of voice, tone, and quality for various communications mediums.
- Develop headlines, decks, pull quotes, direct-mail copy, and other types of content as needed to promote and amplify content in a variety of channels.
- Write and edit marketing and communications materials (including social media posts, newsletters, invitations, signage, displays, posters, presentations, and other texts) for University departments as needed.
- Write and edit major University booklets including annual reports, commencement and alumni brochures.
- Update and edit the content for general and departmental brochures, media kit, key messages, and fact sheets as needed.
- Manage daily editorial and social media content related activity within Office of Communications.
- Develop social media content plan for the University in conjunction with PR & Marketing Manager.
- Collaborate with PR & Marketing Manager to create promotional concepts.
- Proofread AUA web content, as needed.
- Collaborate with editorial, marketing/ PR, and design teams to enhance AUA's brand.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor(s).
- University degree required, preferably in Journalism, Communications, or English literature;
- Native-level English-language skills required;
- Armenian language skills required;
- Strong sense of responsibility, punctuality, organization;
- Editorial, journalistic, or writing experience required;
How to apply:
A letter of intent, portfolio of published work, Curriculum Vitae with the names and contact information for three referees should be sent to [email protected] with the subject heading “Senior Communications Specialist/Content Writer”. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Repat Armenia and mention the URL of its website - www.repatarmenia.org, thanks.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution