Teach for Armenia educational foundation offers a two-year Leadership Development Program aimed at providing access to an excellent education for all children across the country. Through teacher leadership, TFA helps to ensure that educational excellence and opportunity reaches every child across Armenia.
They recruit the most committed and exceptional candidates from Armenia and the Diaspora. They are trained to become leaders and teachers and placed in underserved schools and communities as Teach for Armenia Fellows. TFA invests heavily in supporting their Fellows during their two-year commitment so that they succeed as teachers and mentors to their students and role models in their communities.
Upon successful completion of TFA initial Summer Institute training program, Fellows are then placed in communities based on their educational and professional experiences and according to the needs of our partner schools. Fellows will live and work full-time as teachers in public schools throughout their two-year commitment. Fellows also lead Community Development Projects in their local areas, working with their neighbors to identify the needs of the community, create business opportunities, and boost the local infrastructure.
The Initial Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree achieved by July 2020 or graduated
- Fluent knowledge of Armenian language
The Advantages of The Fellowship
- Personal and professional growth
- Development of leadership skills
- MA degree in teaching (if the applicant has no teaching degree)
- Opportunity to contribute in the community development
- A platform for innovative and creative idea implementation
- Local and International Network (TFA is part of Teach for All community)
- Financial aid (Salary from school & financial aid from TFA)
- Career development opportunity