“Community Level Access to Social Services” Project Women Peace and Security Manager
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives. Established in 1950, World Vision operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities, to overcome poverty and injustice. We pursue life in all its fullness for every child and serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. WV Armenia (WVA) operates mainly through its 10-15 years long-term Area Programs (AP) that are predominantly funded through child sponsorship. APs are focused on promoting child well-being
through community participation and ownership.
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
DURATION: Fixed-term, full-time
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Women, Peace & Security Manager will manage the Outcome 3 of the “Community Level Access to Social Services” project Activity. He/ she will lead community-level activities of the project aimed at rehabilitation and integration of women impacted by the conflict. He/ she will be working closely with the community social workers on identification of project beneficiaries, maintaining permanent contact with local partners to ensure smooth referral processes.
- Manage the implementation of project activities according to timeline, targets and budget as per the project log frame and reporting,
- Develop various financial and administrative papers required for project implementation,
- Ensure timely reporting as conditioned by WV Armenia and Donor’s reporting standards of projects,
- Support WV Area Programs to coordinate the project activities within the communities on gender-based violence,
- Organize/participate in regional trips/ home visits,
- Lead the establishment and maintaining of new partnerships and contacts with stakeholders of all levels for implementation of project related component. Present the project component when relevant and required,
- Present plans for new partnerships to Chief of Party,
- Provide information and consultations to Chief of Party and the team on relevant partnerships and collaborations,
- Support the Chief of Party to organize and coordinate meetings with project implementation
- parties to give feedback on gender-based violence to ensure information sharing, to reveal the
- challenges and give joint solutions to the problems,
- Establish and maintain close partnership and contact with local stakeholders for formation of women’s groups and for smooth referral processes to state and non-state assistance services,
- Provide leadership and management to project component team and their work as per the project’s organizational chart and relevant documents,
- Lead the production of the knowledge material and content developed and published under the component; training modules, recommendations, needs assessment, protocols, local knowledge products by women’s initiatives and their implementation,
- Ensure regular horizon scanning on the developments and trends in the area of women, peace and security, gender equality and displacement in Armenia, including progress with national strategies, legislative amendments, movements and discourse in the society, regular review and update of project teams on relevant data and statistics and provide expertise when relevant,
- Provide data and statistics to Chief of Party, the “Community Level Access to Social Services”
- Project team and World Vision staff, as well as partners when relevant and requested by Chief of Party and/ or management.
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in social protection, international relations, law,
- 5 years’ experience of working in both international and local companies/ NGOs/ institutions (in
- 5 years’ experience of working in a team,
- Knowledge of English and Armenian,
- Expertise in gender-based violence,
- Management skills,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Analytical approach to work,
- Organizational and coordination skills,
- Negotiation skills,
- Ability and willingness to travel 20% of time.
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at
https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/armenia/project-management/class-project-women-peace-and-security-manager/17894 and/ or send your CV in English to: [email protected] No information inquiries will
be handled over the phone. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for interview. In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention the title of the position you are applying for.
The deadline for submitting the applications is October 21, 2021.
World Vision Armenia is committed to safeguarding children and adult beneficiaries. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation and expects all employees, interns, volunteers and all WV Armenia affiliates share the same commitment. WV Armenia takes diligent measures to screen out all people who might seek to use WV Armenia to harm children or adult
beneficiaries, or whose past actions indicate an unacceptable risk of such harm. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedures include extensive identification checks prior to employment or engagement with WV Armenia in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
Please clearly mention that you have heard of this job opportunity through Repat Armenia