Upcoming Elections - How to Vote As a Diaspora Armenian
Information for Diaspora Armenian Nationals Who Wish to Participate in Armenia’s Special National Assembly Elections:
- Citizens of the Republic of Armenia who have reached the age of 18 by election day may participate in parliamentary elections.
- A community voter list is compiled for each electoral precinct based on the Republic of Armenia Register of Electors. The list includes voters’ registered addresses. For voters who are not registered in the Republic of Armenia, the voter’s in-country place of residence on election day is indicated.
- Voters who are not registered in the Republic of Armenia must submit an application - https://cutt.ly/cnftQCY to the appropriate area branch of the Passport and Visa Department of the RA Police for temporary inclusion in the voter list in order to participate in parliamentary elections. The application must be submitted no later than 10 days before election day and must note the voter’s in-country place of residence on election day.
- Within three days of receiving the application, the appropriate area branch of the Passport and Visa Department of the RA Police will add the voter to the voter list of the appropriate electoral precinct and notify the voter of the same.
The application process is determined by the Central Electoral Commission.
- The application for inclusion in the voter list must be completed in person, signed, and submitted to the appropriate area branch of the Passport and Visa Department of the RA Police in the service area of the voter’s place of residence. If the voter cannot submit the application and/or collect the voter list inclusion notification document in person, the voter may do so through an authorized individual.
- The document providing such authorization must indicate the voter’s and the authorized person’s first names, father’s names, last names, and identification information, as well as describe the authorized activities.
- The authorization document need not be notarized.
Diaspora Armenians who are citizens of the Republic of Armenia and eligible to vote and who are not registered in the Republic of Armenia may submit their applications to the appropriate area office of the Passport and Visa Department of the RA police at any time between May 31, 2021 and June 10, 2021.
Source: Diaspora High Commissioner's Office